Provide daily nursery oversight and management, communicating with staff regarding schedules and assignment of duties. Oversees overall nursery work flow.
Assist with all aspects of plant installation and care. Drive work crews to job sites, drive vehicles pulling trailers, and document worksite conditions and work tasks completed.
- Provide daily nursery oversight and management
- Communicate with staff for providing work tasks and direction
- Schedule staff and log time
- Ensure daily tasks are carried out efficiently and correctly by staff
- Train employees in proper materials handling and production techniques
- Coordinate and implement seed and cutting collections
- Maintain inventory of all native plant materials
- Work with vendors to acquire nursery materials
- Calculate production costs
- Monitor plant health and implement control techniques for weeds, disease, insects
- Evaluate growing quality and adjust growing media
- Manage irrigation daily. Research and test efficient irrigation practices
- Manage fertilizer applications for healthy, sustained growth
- Install and repair irrigation components
- Document species propagation protocols
- Organize and label nursery inventory for cleanliness and efficiency
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal laws
- Coordinate with general manager regularly on tasks, inventory, status, etc.
- Prepare plant orders and load material for delivery
- Drive crews to job sites
- Drive vehicles pulling trailers
- Coordinate with office staff on work schedules
- Document site conditions and daily work tasks
- Assist with plant installation, irrigation, and maintenance
- Provide weed control via chemical, mechanical and manual methods
- Operate small equipment (weed eaters, augers, rototillers, mowers, etc.)
- Troubleshoot and repair irrigation systems
- Photo-document project sites
- Haul debris and trash to dump
The ideal candidate is a proactive, reliable and highly organized self-starter/ problem solver who can work well in a busy environment with a minimum of direction.
- High School diploma or equivalent with experience in horticulture, growing, landscaping or production management. employee supervision.
- Minimum 1year recent experience in nursery production management.
- Must hold a valid California Driver’s License.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel software.
- Strong language skills in both Spanish and English.
- Able to work occasional weekends.
Back to Top
Landscape Foreman (Driver)Position Summary:
Supervise crew members responsible for landscape maintenance and plant installation. In addition, responsible for equipment supervision, and all other on-site foreman responsibilities.
- Drive crew to and from worksites.
- Assign daily tasks to crew and ensure compliance.
- Ensure proper use, care and inventory of company vehicle, equipment and tools assigned.
- Promote and maintain safe working conditions.
- Bilingual English/Spanish skills are highly desirable
- Must have valid drivers' license, pass drug screen and background check.
- The candidate is subject to SS verification in order to work on the job site. Ability to lift and move up to 25 lbs and on occasion over 50 lbs.
- High School diploma or general education or general education degree (GED); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. One year landscaping experience and/or training preferred.
- Ability to operate specific equipment or tools
- Team player
Back to Top
Laborer is responsible for safe, efficient and quality completion of tasks assigned by Foreman and/or Supervisor.
- Able to operate landscape maintenance and construction hand tools and light equipment with the skill to satisfactorily perform the duties assigned.
- Able to work in and around various landscaping settings including direct contact with various plant and landscaping materials and exposure to various dust, noise, and weather conditions.
- Understand and practice safety in all work circumstances.
- Report equipment in need of repair.
- The candidate is subject to SS verification in order to work on the job site.
Ability to lift and move up to 25 lbs and on occasion over 50 lbs.
Does not require high school education; one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to operate specific equipment or tools.
- Team player